ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV) – A experience house for College Metropolis college students appeared routine till a college bus burst into flames moments earlier than everybody escaped simply in time.The bus went up in smoke Wednesday afternoon as Brittany Woods Center College college students have been heading house. Eighth-grader Jaidyn Conners was on board when the driving force stopped close to Lynn and Lamb Avenues when smoke swirled from underneath the bus’ hood.“It was type of scary as a result of I didn’t know what I used to be going to do. I needed to hurry up and get off the bus,” Conners mentioned.Jaidyn’s mom, Dana, mentioned she hasn’t heard a phrase from the college district because the scary situation.“This might have been a complete totally different final result. We may have actually been mourning the lack of our children. That quick so I’m simply so grateful,” Danna Conners mentioned. “A greater emergency plan must be put in place I really feel as a result of proper now I nonetheless haven’t heard from the college district and I nonetheless haven’t heard from transportation. I’ve talked to different mother and father who had kids who have been on the bus and nobody has reached out to us.”The warmth mixed with huge flames pressured firefighters to dispatch extra manpower. College Metropolis Hearth Division Battalion Chief Jon Bollinger mentioned the smoke appeared that it “may have been a home fireplace based mostly on how a lot smoke produced from that fireplace alone.”It took two crews to place it out. Bollinger believes the hearth began within the engine compartment and made its method into the cab.Bollinger acknowledged the bus driver whose fast actions.“His first motion was to cease what he was doing and get all people to security and it makes our job that a lot simpler,” he mentioned.Information 4 obtained the next assertion from the college district:Scholar security ought to by no means be in jeopardy. The District is working with its bus service supplier, Missouri Central, to analyze the trigger. District officers responded to the scene when a mechanical difficulty inflicting a hearth was reported on the bus. A substitute bus transported the 5 college students safely house. An intensive investigation is underway in collaboration with the bus service supplier, Missouri Central, and different applicable events. College students safely exited the bus previous to the hearth. The district may be very grateful to College Metropolis Hearth Division, which responded instantly to make sure the protection of the scholars and close by residents. It is a very unlucky incident because the district continues to prioritize the protection and well-being of scholars.Copyright 2022 KMOV. All rights reserved.