People often feel that the road to heaven is when they are having an Addiction!
After a specific timeframe, when they are looking forward to kiss the life again, they have a feeling that it was a one-way road. You may enter, but can never come out of it. However, the scenario has totally changed in the past few years. There are numerous drug addiction centers, which you may opt for. In case you are having a belief that anyone is in need to opt for the rehab at this moment, then you should always ask them to opt for the rehabilitation centers in UK. There are a lot of rehabilitation centers in UK, where experts have been working to give short and long term treatment so that you can get effective results.
In case you have your base in UK, you should search for a center and find out the one, which can deal with different types of addictions. Their knowledge can help you in finding a treatment for both alcohol addiction and drug addiction. They help the people to understand what is right and what is not. To become completely cured one needs to be prepared mentally and honest with the full effort. If one goes through the procedures half-heartedly the result will not be very positive. Before registering with rehab centers you must check the recommendation of that centre. Some of the rehab centers have great recommendation from different authorities. You can always visit those centers for the best type of rehabilitation treatment procedures.
What is Rehab Treatment?
Effective rehabilitation is about holistic treatment. It is not purely for limiting or eliminating the use of substances, but it is about supporting addicted people to make lifestyle changes that will support a future recovery.
Rehab treatment is geared towards helping addicts to recover by teaching them how to clear away the wreckage of the past, learn to enjoy what’s present today and learning to make healthy choices that sustain recovery and build a positive future.
A quality addiction treatment centre will advise people addicted to alcohol and other drugs how to live as healthy a life as possible. Once addicted people have learnt in rehab to live fruitful lives that feel wholesome, meaningful and productive, they have a precious commodity that they don’t want to tarnish or lose. They protect their lives’ in the same way people who’ve never been addicted do.
The goal of any quality rehab treatment is to teach addicted patients to cope with emotions, to communicate effectively with those around them and to handle the everyday pressures of life without needing to use substances to get through the day.
As with other chronic disorders, it’s advisable that the rehab treatment you choose includes talking therapy sessions as well as medication to deal with the addiction. Rehab treatment generally works together with a large staff as therapists, medical experts, counsellors, clergy and others advisors may also be part of the rehabilitation.
Rehab treatment itself will not remove the craving for drugs or alcohol, however monitored medication by professionals may help to reduce the craving and prolonged rehabilitation will educate and advise addicted patients how best to take responsibility for their illness, much like a diabetic would learn to take charge of his treatment and manage his condition.
Benefits of an Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Center
- It provides various types of treatments to suit the needs of individuals affected by drug addiction.
- It also helps the addicts live in a clean and appropriate environment which makes them forget their worries of daily life and relax and recover through various treatments.
- People with similar conditions when made to live together in a residential rehab center also learn many positive skills and thoughts from each other. It is a learning experience for many and seeing everybody around recover also gives them the hope and motivation to recover soon.
- Apart from the treatment and medication that a rehab center provides to an addict, there is also a great amount of emotional and physical support that they get from the caring staff. These factors help the addicts recover at the center. They always instill a positive attitude and motivate the addicts, which becomes a strong source of hope making them recover at a faster pace.
- Addicts also suffer from withdrawal symptoms during the course of their treatment which can be a very difficult and stressful period. A free rehabilitation center in UK is of great help during this time as their professional approach ensures the health and safety of the addict.
- The counseling sessions at the center are also an eye opener for many addicts who have experienced to suffer from their addiction mostly in isolation. The expert guidance at such centers plays a vital role in the recovery process.
Services Offered in a Rehabilitation Center
Generally, an alcohol and drug treatment center ensures the patient’s complete recovery from alcoholism and drugs. Professionals provide the ideal treatment that can help detoxify the patient’s body from alcohol. Moreover, there are other forms of therapy applied, which teach alcoholics how to fight off the urge to go back to their old habits.
Aside from the problem with alcoholism, professionals at an alcohol & drug treatment center can strengthen a patient’s morale and confidence. These specialists may address other issues of the patient including anxiety, depression, and other psychological concerns. Upon the patient’s arrival, a medical specialist will assess and determine the individual’s needs. Then, the treatment or medication for each patient will be based on the assessed needs, so an alcoholic and druggist can obtain personalized care that is necessary for his or her recovery.
Choosing the Best Program
When the patient has decided to obtain treatment from a free rehab center in UK, the next step he or she should take is choosing the ideal one. Some of the factors that individuals consider when finding the perfect alcohol treatment center include the location, rates, services, and insurance.
Those who do not have health insurance may inquire about a sliding scale payment option, which may depend on their income or budget. They may also choose programs offered by public organizations that are often free of charge. Individuals may consult their health care provider and insurance company when they need to find the nearest facility with affordable rates and excellent reputation from other patients.
Recovery from alcohol & drug addiction is quite challenging for individuals who do not seek the help of professionals and medical specialists. They need the assistance of experts that can provide the right medical treatment for their condition. Some people consider undergoing a detoxification program offered in an alcohol treatment center, so they can obtain 24-hour medical assistance from specialists. These patients may also seek professional counseling and other forms of therapy that will enable them to break away from their addiction to alcohol.
Generally three stages of rehab treatment have been found effective:
- Continued care
- Residential Care
What is Detoxification?
Addicts become physically dependent upon their choice of substance and we’d strongly advise against simply stopping using whatever drugs you’re addicted to. Please see a medical professional for advice on how best to taper off and detoxify.
Detoxification is the process of withdrawing from the substance, usually under the advice of a doctor who’ll oversee the medical intervention. Detox is the preparation for rehab treatment.
Detoxification alone rarely has much effect on addiction, but detox followed by rehab and aftercare treatment is the most advisable as a successful combination to long term recovery.
Alcohol Rehab detox will take place in hospitals or residential rehab’s with experienced medical supervision and usually takes around three to five days at the very least. More severe cases may take longer.
In some cases it can be dangerous and even life threatening to withdraw from drugs and or alcohol.
The purpose of detoxification is to reduce the emotional and physical instability which results from substance withdrawal. The aim of addiction rehab is to help clarify the patients situation and to help devise the best route out of active addiction through effective treatment.
What is Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation treatment is only effective once the patient has gone through withdrawal and detox has eliminated the majority of the toxins from their bodies. Here is some good rehab treatment advice to consider:
- Rehab Settings – any severe addiction will need to be treated at a rehab treatment centre that can provide a medically managed detoxification. These alcohol addiction clinics are generally residential with medical supervision from those who are experienced in dealing with substance abuse. Less severe substance abuse or bringing may be appropriate to treat on an outpatient basis.
- Rehab Methods – medication, individual counselling and group therapy sessions, and mentoring for a substance free future are all necessary components of rehabilitation.
- Duration of Rehab – a rehabilitation program can last anything from 21 days to 90 days and longer. For severe addictions it’s advised that the longer the rehab treatment, the better the results.
- Desired Results of Rehab – continued abstinence of drugs or alcohol as well as an improved health and social functioning. Continued care is advised on leaving the rehab centre as a part of an aftercare plan.
Residential rehab centers provide all the major facilities that a person would require to stay comfortably. The aim here is to make the person feel as much at home as possible. The common facilities would include all basic necessities plus recreational facilities and group activities such as games. Along with qualified and highly skilled specialises, there will be caretakers and nurses to take care of the various needs of the clients. All personnel are trained to deal with the patients here, who might turn difficult to handle during their rehabilitation process.
What is Continued Care or Aftercare?
Continued care, or aftercare, is the guidance and support available to the patient once their treatment in rehab is completed. It offers the availability of programs and support groups to aid the transition back to life outside the rehab centre.
Usually the first three to six months after rehab treatment is where the patient is most vulnerable to relapse. Aftercare offers support groups and ongoing addictions counselling to advise the patient how best to deal with the new challenges of sobriety in a healthy manner.
Aftercare usually provides a weekly group meeting facilitated by an addictions counsellor form the treatment centre for ex-patients to attend and benefit from each other’s experiences. Being open to learning form others and perhaps even taking advice is a useful addiction recovery tool.
These aftercare groups normally continue for the addicted persons first year after treatment in rehab and aim to help recovering addicts to manage their lives in a healthy fashion together.
Identifying the need of your loved ones for drug rehabilitation and taking them to a rehab center is very essential and should not be ignored. Help them recover from this disorder and live a healthy and normal life.